Thursday, July 19, 2012

Talon Learns to Swim

"Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise" - Zac Brown Band

Talon thinks he's pretty much just as old as the girls are.  He thinks he can do anything that they can.  So, when they learned how to swim without arm floats, he figured he could do it too.  At first I was a little skeptical because when he tried, he would sink like a rock.  He is smaller, less coordinated, and a lot denser (less buoyant).  Apparently, he didn't realize any of this and about a month ago proved it can be done.  He still doesn't have to the come-up-and-take-a-breath thing figured out, but he has the swimming part down pretty well and can make it as far as one huge breath (and lots of gasping when he surfaces) can take him.  Luckily, our pool isn't that big so he can swim about anywhere he wants.

Here is the photo and video evidence.  Not bad for a kid who is just a little more than 2 1/2 years old.











1 comment:

  1. That is pretty impressive stuff. Talon looks a lot like Yvonne in those videos. Everyone is growing up so fast. I'm pretty sure they can all swim better than me :) Enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete